May 30, 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Leading Stakeholders Proactively
About the course
This one-day badge has a keen focus on building a proactive mindset on AI through communication with stakeholders. In this training, you will develop yourself from the supplier role towards a business partner or advisor, and based on this role be pro-active in your approach and interactions with your stakeholders. We begin by understanding the different roles and the impact of these roles in the business. Outlining the mindset and attitude required to progress into a partner role. You will investigate and understand the circle of influence and become more aware of the advantages of being pro-active and the ways to be pro-active. We will lead you through the phases of preparing a meeting, structuring the meeting, setting the scene, collecting information and closing the meeting. Leading sessions of different types including one-on-one and steerco’s, as well as how to give solutions in the form of impactful and proactive advice, receiving reactions, and acting with decisions towards the next steps.
Why this is for you
You have the skills and the knowledge but to really excel and become a leader in your workplace you need to know how to take these skills and combine them with pro-active measures and impactful communication. This course propels your skills forward defining and sharpening them through real-life business exercises.
This is for ambitious Data Scientists or Data Engineers who are looking to become more pro-active with their stakeholders. To apply you must have already achieved the First Contact with Your Stakeholders (2203) badge.
What you’ll learn
- The different roles in the business
- The circle of influence
- The circle of involvement
- The five major steps in a meeting
From supplier to partner role:
- Aware of the different roles and the impact of these roles in business meetings and interactions.
- Understand the mindset and attitude required to develop yourself towards the partner role.
Pre activity in your partner role:
- Understand the circle of influence and the circle of involvement.
- Understand the advantages of being proactive in the role of business partner and how to achieve this through a personal mindset.
Acting pro-actively in day-to-day activities and meetings with stakeholders
- Know how to present advice impactfully.
- Know how to take the lead, initiate meetings, communicate effectively with stakeholders and take the next steps.
- Can give and present impactful advice, receive reactions and initiate next actions.
Theory and practical use
Each training in the GAIn portfolio combines high-quality standardized training material with theory sessions from experts and hands-on experience where you directly apply the material to real-life cases. Each training is developed by top of the field practitioners which means they are full of industry examples along with practical challenges and know-how, fueling the interactive discussions during training. We believe this multi-level approach creates the ideal learning environment for participants to thrive.