Oct 15 - 2020
October 15, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Essential Business Applications: Finance Analytics
About the course
Every business is finance driven, this means that all decisions, including those that are data-based, should correspond to financial goals. This one-day course marries data science and finance to create the key to success. Deep dive into the fundamentals, from terminology to roles and how finance affects data science and AI applications in your business. Through interactive and business-relevant exercises you will learn to match your knowledge of financial analytics to real-life practice cases and explore the best ways to facilitate collaboration between teams.
Why this is for you
Are your projects failing due to poor finance measures or are you struggling to understand financial concepts crucial to your work? This course will show you how to make data-based recommendations using financial measures; translating your initiative to objectives and recommendations to match the financial goals of your organization.
This training is perfect for Data Scientists who want to deepen their knowledge of financial concepts to strengthen their work or are looking to play a more significant part in the organization and become better fitted to work on finance data science projects such as forecasting and risk.
What you’ll learn
- The fundamentals of corporate finance
- Key terminology used in the financial world
- How to analyze and compare financial statements
- How to compare measures such as NPV, IRR, and ROE
- An overview of Fintech industry
- Internal organization applications: dashboarding, forecasting, risk, pricing, and CLV
- Finance in organizations – Explain the importance of finance analytics to the organization and their work
- Main financial terms – Explain the fundamentals of corporate finance
- Financial statements as a tool of the analyst – Explain the most important financial statements and known ratios
- Comparing investment alternatives – Can measure and compare the success of investment decisions
- AI applications in finance – Explain the uses of finance in dashboarding, data science, and AI applications
Theory and practical use
All trainings in the GAIn portfolio combine high-quality standardized training material with theory sessions from experts and hands-on experience where you directly apply the material to real-life cases. Each training is developed by top of the field practitioners which means they are full of industry examples along with practical challenges and know-how, fueling the interactive discussions during training. We believe this multi-level approach creates the ideal learning environment for participants to thrive.