November 14, 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dealing with resistance in AI
About the course
Implementing Artificial Intelligence in business process requires change: often a new way-of-working is required. At the same time AI-projects involve many different areas of expertise, hence stakeholders. Consequently, resistance within AI-projects is omnipresent. We believe that resistance in a project is not a one-time fix, but rather a process that should be taken care-off; continuously. Relevant skills are spotting, understanding, and solving resistance. This one-day course equips you with the right communication and leadership mindset to become flexible in any situation and focus on creating win-wins that generate alignment with all stakeholders involved.
Why this is for you
You have the ambition to create change within the organization through either the projects that you lead or the team that you lead. During conversations with stakeholders you sometimes notice that they are not involved and easily distracted. Or that they do not see the reason why this project should be done. Or that they doubt the trustworthiness of you and your team. All yet different signs of resistance. Does this sound familiar? Do you want to better orchestrate the change resulting from the projects you do through influencing the stakeholders effectively? In this course, you will gain insights into how to recognize, understand, and solve resistance.
This course is for AI professionals that are focused on creating change within the organization and are therefore stakeholders oriented. This course fits best if you either: lead projects within AI, bridge the gap between business experts and AI experts to concretize projects (translator role), and/or lead a team of AI experts to operate successfully within the organization.
What you’ll learn
- Tools to recognize, understand, and solve resistance
- The four communication layers: content, process, interaction and feeling.
- Understand your resistance towards resistance
- Tools to create win-wins effectively
- Being able to recognize resistance and its value through awareness of function and appearance of resistance.
- Being able to understand resistance: identify the underlying motives of the resistance or objections and uncover all the aspects related.
- Being aware of your personal primary reaction towards resistance. Learn how to proactively avoid or cope these triggers in order to make maximum impact in higher pressure situations.
- Being able to solve resistance to become more flexible in handling objections and seeking win-win solutions in line with the larger business goals.
Theory and practical use
All trainings in the GAIn portfolio combine high-quality standardized training material with theory sessions from experts and hands-on experience where you directly apply the material to real-life cases. Each training is developed by top of the field practitioners which means they are full of industry examples along with practical challenges and know-how, fueling the interactive discussions during training. We believe this multi-level approach creates the ideal learning environment for participants to thrive.