October 1, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Data Exploration and Insights Discovery
About the course
Join our one-day crash course on Data Exploration and Insights Discovery and learn how to ask the right questions so you receive the results you need. In this course, you will work with our experts to learn how to design and interact with analytics. We will cover testing hypotheses, designing analyses that correspond to it, and asking follow-up questions to support your story. To complete this training we will discuss key questions you should be asking when you receive analytics results, how you can recognize analysis pitfalls and challenge results presented to you by a data scientist. At the end of this course, you will walk away with vital insights into the discovery process.
Why this is for you
This course is perfect for Business Professionals wanting to gain a more structured understanding of data, language, and impact opportunities. Please note, it is important that you have already completed the Structured Opportunity Finding (1201) badge before taking part in this course.
This module is designed for business leaders or anyone looking to get the most out of their data! Does learning best practice methods and streamlining your data management sound like what you need? Then this is the course for you!
What you’ll learn
- The analytical process (U-model framework)
- Types of different analysis techniques
- Seven basic explorative techniques
- To match technique visualization to your conclusion
- How to design an analytic storyline for your own business
- One language about the analytical process – Identify business opportunities and define a related hypothesis
- Design analytical storylines – Learn the method to fruitfully design and interact on the desired analytics
- Challenge analytical results – Know which questions to ask about the presented analysis to check on model interpretation
Theory and practical use
All trainings in the GAIn portfolio combine high-quality standardized training material with theory sessions from experts and hands-on experience where you directly apply the material to real-life cases. Each training is developed by top of the field practitioners which means they are full of industry examples along with practical challenges and know-how, fueling the interactive discussions during training. We believe this multi-level approach creates the ideal learning environment for participants to thrive.