Programming Meta-Skills ★★ Practitioner Level
For truly efficient programming in teams, you need best practices from field experts and hands-on experience. Our one-day Programming Meta-Skills course teaches you just that! Learn more about this course to see if it’s right for you.
PLATFORM MANAGEMENT AND INFRASTRUCTURES
*If you are a group of 5 or more, we are happy to accommodate a date for the training that suits you best. If so, please choose the "Reserve a seat" option.
About the courseThis one-day badge focused on code, teaches you how to efficiently produce high-quality code, while working together with a team on a shared codebase. This training provides you with three competencies: 1. Writing code with a team, meaning you are able to share and version your code with Git. 2. Writing understandable and clean code that is properly structured and therefore easily understood by other developers. 3. Writing low maintenance code by implementing error handling, logging and unit tests.
Why this is for youWith the impact of AI growing every day, projects and the role of AI within companies grows accordingly. To work efficiently in this changing environment, everyone who works with the data, AI models, or writes the engineering code for it, should be able to write code that preferably does not break and if it does, is easy to debug (by others) because the code is well structured and therefore easy to understand and furthermore versioned in Git. In this course, our field experts will teach you how to program efficiently, so that your code is maintainable, easily understandable by others and versioned with Git in such a way that new features can be easily added.
For whomThis module is ideal for starting AI Engineers, Data Engineers and Data Scientists looking for hands-on experience to improve their programming skills. Participants must be familiar with the general terminology of programming to get the most out of this course. More specifically, participants should have some experience working with Python.
What you’ll learn
- Writing code with a team using version control and code reviews
- Writing understandable and clean code by adhering to the industry standards
- Writing low maintenance code that works in production
- Writing code with a team – Learn how to efficiently work together using version control and code reviews in Git
- Writing understandable and clean code – Learn how to write you code so that is adheres to governing coding standards and is easily understood by others
- Writing low maintenance code – Learn how to write your code so that it “just works” and avoid pitfalls such as having no idea what your code is doing in production