First Contact with Your Stakeholder ★★ Practitioner Level
Are you looking to make lasting connections through communication? Do you want to learn how to adjust your style to obtain maximum results from an intake meeting? Follow our engaging two-day training and learn how to ace any intake interview or follow-up communication with your stakeholders.
*If you are a group of 5 or more, we are happy to accommodate a date for the training that suits you best. If so, please choose the "Reserve a seat" option.
First Contact with Your Stakeholder
About the courseGood communication skills are often overlooked in the AI industry. But the first contact with your stakeholder is one of the most important interactions to ensure effective collaboration. Therefore, it is crucial to use good communication skills during the intake interview and throughout the follow-up process. In this two-day badge, you will develop practical skills to increase the effectiveness of your communication with stakeholders. Along with learning the L-S-D technique and personality framework to recognize your own communication style. Through various cases, you will rehearse intake interviews to reflect upon and adjust your style to the needs of your stakeholders.
Why this is for youCommunication styles are the differentiating factor between good and excellent data scientists and engineers. This badge clarifies the structure and conversational skills needed to organize effective intakes. It will allow you to increase the impact of your communication with others and open the route to observe and adjust to personal styles. Mastery of these skills will result in the natural development of your (informal) position towards advisor and partner roles.
For whomThis training is perfect for Data Scientists and Data Engineers. Possibly even essential. We don’t require any previous knowledge or experience, just an enthusiastic and experimental attitude.
What you’ll learn
- The relevance of an intake interview
- Basic communication skills: listening, summarizing, and detailing (L-S-D)
- The four phases of an intake interview
- How to identify your own communication style and the style of others
- How to adapt to different communication styles to increase your effectiveness
- Defining the relevance of an intake interview – Understanding the relevance of having a good intake interview
- Communicating using L-S-D – Becoming competent in basic communication skills: listening, summarizing, and detailing
- Discovering the business question – Being able to steer the intake interview through the four phases necessary to discover and explore the business question
- Getting to know your communication style – Understanding your own communication style and learning to recognize the styles of others, using a predefined framework
- Leveraging different communication styles – Adapting to different communication styles to increase the effectiveness of intake interviews and follow-up communication